Nakusp is a vibrant rural community, where diverse economic activity exists in harmony with the natural environment and encourages healthy lifestyles.
We will remain a vibrant rural community by preserving our history and enhancing our infrastructure to encourage economic diversification.
We will remain a regional service centre by supporting social, commercial, health and protective services.
We will remain a tourist destination centre by continuing to develop the Nakusp Hot Springs, the Waterfront and our recreational opportunities.
THE POLICY OF COUNCIL SHALL BE
- to promote harmony and cooperation within the Village
- to provide accountability to the Public in promoting efficiency in all facets within the Village
- to promote the attitude that Councilors and Village employees are ‘here to help’
- to provide the best facilities and services possible, with careful consideration of the finances available
- to promote the Village of Nakusp as a desirable place to live